“I came to Wears Valley Ranch expecting to make a difference. I’ve discovered, though, that I am the one who is being continually challenged and changed. I thought I would come here and be a teacher, only to find that more often than not, I am the student. I anticipated sharing the gospel, and all the time that I spend doing just that, I am humbled to realize that it is through the lives of very children I came to help that the Lord is revealing himself to me in a deeper way. It was not what I expected, but so much better than anything I could have dreamed. There is not a minute that I’ve spent here that I would trade for any wealth, opportunity, or recognition in this world.” Jenna
A mentor at Wears Valley Ranch is an internship or mission practicum that gives single individuals an opportunity to minister to children. Each year, current mentors leave and new mentors filter in. The Ranch currently has openings for mentors for summer positions, as well as 9-12 month commitments.
Could God be calling you? Consider these qualities:
- Strong commitment to Christ
- Single male or female ages 19-25 years
- Looking for a creative ministry opportunity before, during, or after college for summer or a school year (9-12 months)
- Exemplifies integrity and high moral character in personal life
- Cheerful, affectionate, outgoing disposition (non-critical spirit)
- Servant-oriented exhorter; ready to do the “dirty work” and model how it is done
- A desire to be discipled and to grow in your personal walk with Christ
- Responsive to authority and supervision
To apply for a Mentor internship/mission practicum at Wears Valley Ranch, visit www.wvr.org/applications. For more details, please call our Admissions Office at (865) 429-0372.