“My two years of mentoring were both such a blessing and a challenge as I learned more about and experienced more deeply God’s love and learned how to better show love to others. I wouldn’t take back those two years for anything!“ Klara
A mentor at Wears Valley Ranch is an internship or mission practicum that gives single individuals an opportunity to minister to children. As current mentors plan to leave, openings are available for mentor positions for this summer, as well as 9-12 month commitments.
Could God be calling you or someone you know to serve Him by working with children in these areas?
- Mentor/teach 2-3 students in daily academics
- Affirmation and discipline of students
- Continue care during Houseparent’s days off, including meal preparation
- Recreational supervision
- Daily supervision of children, including chores – e.g. laundry, room cleaning and kitchen duties
- Assist Houseparents in the spiritual mentoring/discipling of students
To apply for a Mentor internship/mission practicum at Wears Valley Ranch, visit www.wvr.org/applications. For more details, please call our Admissions Office at (865) 429-0372.